With the increasing number of those infected by the COVID-19, staffing will continue to become a significant factor impacting senior living communities.
CaringOnDemand's national provider network is able to service national operators' demand for supplemental staffing and support. This program is called StaffingOnDemand.
What is StaffingOnDemand?
StaffingOnDemand is a program designed to provide supplemental staffing to senior living operators around the United States.
By using CaringOnDemand's uniform care delivery platform, we ensure all care is being provided to the highest level of professionalism, on time and with provider oversight.
Which service areas have urgent demand?
The map, updated weekly, represents operator sites in need of support.
What are the Network Eligibility Standards?
- PERSONNEL QUALIFICATIONS: Each provider in the network must screen all employees and validate they are qualified per their position and comply with applicable state laws and regulations.
- BACKGROUND CHECKS: Network partners must perform background checks on all caregivers.
- PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Only responsive providers remain in the network and are based on average turn around time to staff a shift. We also track quality initiatives and comprehensive feedback on all providers.
- PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION: To the extent that network partners come info contact with identifiable health information, network partners maintain such information to meet all mandatory regulations, including HIPAA.
What are the latest COVID-19 Protocols?
We have significantly updated our policies and protocols to mitigate the risk of spreading the coronavirus. We are actively reviewing updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local and state health departments.
Enhanced infection controls:
All network providers are required to follow these protocols:
- If a network caregiver exhibits any flu-like symptoms, we re-staff and filling shifts with another caregiver. We've also updated and expanded our clearance process for any caregivers returning to work after being sick. We're not penalizing caregivers, rather actively encouraging them to stay home if they feel sick.
Caregiver safety precautions
- We're sending frequent reminders to all caregivers and reiterating the importance of taking universal precautions, including through, frequent handwashing and using disinfectants.
- We're making key safety tools available to caregivers, including hand sanitizer, flu shots, and gloves.
- We're honoring requests that caregivers take their temperature before shifts/visits and are in the process of rolling out a requirement that they do so before each shift.
How does it work?
Network partners identify caregivers to participate in the program. These caregivers download a free mobile app and can accept shift requests directly with minimal operational assistance from your staff.
How much does it cost?
Joining the network is free.